- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Coffs Harbour & North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Workplace Training & Assessment
This is an exciting and rewarding career opportunity for a Education Facilitator. You will join Australia’s most innovative and largest correctional centre and have the opportunity to play a key position within the Serco team.
A rewarding career opportunity awaits you as an Education Facilitator with Serco. We celebrate diversity and are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.
The Clarence Correctional Centre is due to open in mid-2020, with a 1700 bed facility, making it the largest and most state-of-the-art correctional centre in Australia. Serco Australia has a 20 year contract to operate and maintain the centre, creating the opportunity for long-term, rewarding and secure employment with exciting career prospects in one of Australia’s most spectacular coastal and country locations.
You are looking for a new exciting career or may have experience in a correctional environment. You are motivated and ready to take the opportunity. You will be working and creating a culture of openness, trust and transparency coupled with your focus on living and instilling our values, while promoting equality and removing barriers to diversity will ensure you succeed in this role. You also have strong communication skills and are respectful with a commitment and passion for the on-going rehabilitation working towards making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care.
About the opportunity
The role of Education Facilitator is to deliver training and workshop activities that engage and meet learning objectives. You will deliver teaching/training according to structured activities scheduled, ensure a positive teaching/training environment, ensure the training environment is controlled and conducive to learning in a correctional environment, ensure mandatory reporting requirements are adhered to, create content in line with RTO standards, advise inmates on academic and career matters, provide tutoring to inmates who require additional assistance and develop teaching aids such as instructional software, multimedia visual aids, or study Materials.
You will play an integral role in promoting rehabilitation and reintegration, ensuring the safety and security in the centre and the community, and provide a safe and respectful environment to everyone in the centre.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (minimum)
- Possess minimum 2 years experience facilitating education programs to diverse groups
- Demonstrate previous experience delivering education programs in a custodial or educational
- environment (desired)
- Demonstrate experience working with adult learners including those with low levels of language, literacy
- and numeracy (desired)
- Demonstrate experience with the delivery of assessments for reading, writing, oral communication and
- numeracy skills (Adult Basic Education) and assessments for Vocational Education Training using the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) (desirable)
- Demonstrate knowledge of pedagogy and best practice teaching methods
- Demonstrate cultural awareness including understanding the impact and management of different ethnic backgrounds, customs and contemporary issues
- Demonstrate a commitment to Serco’s values and the rehabilitation process
- Demonstrate proficient interpersonal and communications skills
- Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical behaviour
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people working across more than 20 countries worldwide. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day. Serco is a business where people and values matter. We have a strong public service ethos, and we employ people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.
Interested to be part of our brand new team?
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be part of this exciting new opportunity, click the Apply Now Button.
To find out more about us visit: https://serco.gr8people.com/