Advertiser: Design Quintessence Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Design Quintessence is a growing and successful wholesaler and retailer of equipment based in Auburn. They started trading in 1996 for the entertainment lighting and sound industry. Today DQ have warehouses and offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne and carry the largest inventory of truss and staging equipment sales stock in the country.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent part time accountant to work in our friendly and professional team.
This is a hands-on accounting role that requires a combination of great attention to detail and being strategically minded. You need to be self-starting, motivated, and be willing and able to do what needs to be done to get the job done.
General duties will include but are not limited to:
- Hands on day to day accounting
- Prepare payroll and related tasks eg superannuation
- Supplier payments and trade creditors
- Prepare and lodge BASs, IASs and payroll tax
- Prepare month end reconciliations
- Have strong experience with data analysis and preparing reports for the business
- Input and reconcile credit card payments
- Preparation of cash flow forecast and budgets.
- Be responsible for the accounting package EXO and liaise with the EXO external consultants as required.
- Arranging payment and reconciliation of overseas suppliers
- Ad hoc assistance with special projects and other tasks as required.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience with hands on day to day accounting. There are no direct reports in this role to supervise or delegate too.
- An accounting qualification
- Be good at initiating new tasks and be pro-active in your approach to work
- Work closely and co-operatively with other staff across the business
- At least 7 years' experience within a similar position
- Small business experience is essential
- Ability to work without supervision
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Have excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in MYOB EXO is preferable but not essential.
An immediate start is on offer but a notice period can be negotiated.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply online using the appropriate link below and send your resume and cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have with forecasting for businesses?