- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
About the business
Netball is the leading women's participation sport in Australia. Netball SA is the peak State Sporting Organisation for netball in South Australia and is affiliated with Netball Australia.
Netball SA is responsible for the governance, development, promotion and administration of netball throughout South Australia and has the responsibility for servicing its 35,000 members, the operations of Priceline Stadium and the running of its elite team, the Adelaide Thunderbirds
As a professional sporting organisation with extensive community reach, Netball SA has a responsibility to enhance the reputation of the sport and to communicate news of significance to members, fans, supporters and the general public.
The Adelaide Thunderbirds are a professional netball team competing in the Suncorp Super Netball League. The Thunderbirds are owned and operated by Netball SA and are a key strategic component of promoting and developing the game of netball in South Australia.
About the role:
The General Manager Corporate Services will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This role will form part of the Executive Leadership Team and be responsible for the strategic leadership and operational performance of the budgets and financial management, Priceline Stadium, Work Health and Safety and administration of the organisation.
Responsibilities will include managing finance, Priceline Stadium operations, WHS and risk, as well as office management functions. The General Manager Corporate services will provide timely and accurate financial reports to the Board and the Audit and Risk Committee. The General Manager Corporate Services will be expected to build effective working relationships across the organisation and ensure that all systems, policies and procedures are compliant with applicable legislation, funding body requirements and aligned to best practice.
- Finance and Administration
- Information Technology and Systems
- Stadium Operations
- WHS, Risk and Compliance
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in accounting, finance, commerce or an associated discipline is essential
- Demonstrated experience in a senior financial role with a not for profit organisation is desirable
- Highly developed skills in the management of financial and accounting functions
- Proven ability to develop, implement and manage business systems for finance, information technology, human resource management, and risk management
- Ability to develop organisational policies and procedures
- Ability to apply well developed interpersonal and communication skills to lead a team
- Demonstrated ability to administer legislative, statutory & contractual obligations
- Highly developed negotiation skills and the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong team player that is driven to work hard to ensure the success of the entire organisation
- Experience in communication systems and networks, internet and intranet development, data management and security
- Working with Children Check
- Current drivers’ licence
How to apply:
Have a look at our website, sa.netball.com.au to learn more about us and to obtain a copy of the Position Description
Click the Apply button and upload your CV and a cover letter explaining why you'd like to join our team.
Position closes: 26 February 2020
Please note, we are not accepting applications from agencies.
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?