- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Payroll
Volvo Group Australia (VGA) is part of the global organisation Volvo Group consisting over 100,000 employees. Our reliability is renowned, and it’s underpinned by our three core values – quality, safety and environmental care. We bring each one to life in everything we do.
Volvo Group Australia currently has an opportunity for a diligent Junior Payroll Officer to join our customer centric team. This role will provide you a true opportunity for process ownership and exposure to a diverse payroll including expats, multiple pay cycles, Awards and Enterprise Agreements (EAs).
To ensure your success in this role full training and ongoing guidance will be provided by the Senior Payroll Officer.
About the role:
Responsible for the completion of Payroll processing, by ensuring:-
- Timely processing of the payment of salaries (MicrOpay), movements, timesheets, leave, terminations, claims, tax, super, deductions etc.
- Review and maintain the integrity of staff entitlements including leave accruals, salary progressions, allowances, deductions and superannuation etc
- Appropriate record keeping for audit, including income, payroll tax and super
- Reconcile and ensure accurate balances of payrolls, EOM processing, end of financial year processing and calendar year end
- Administer superannuation, Work Cover, Child Support and Centrelink payments etc.
- Interpret Award, EAs and company policies ensuring wage payments comply with Awards, arbitrated decisions and consent agreements
- Provide payroll advice and reports to Managers, HR Business Partners and employees.
- Have 2-3 years’ experience in a multi-cycle payroll position, including white and blue collar employees
- Must have a solid understanding of payroll tax, superannuation, and interpretation of EA's is a must
- Intermediate Excel skills essential with strong attention to detail
- Experience in using Micropay, Preceda or similar payroll system
- Exceptional customer service delivery and strong organisation skills
- Experience working with a global complex payroll would be highly regarded.
- Full time, permanent position
- New open plan national office, perfect for collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Onsite cafe with subsidised coffee
- Career development with Global prospects
- Service recognition
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including complimentary fresh fruit and physio consultations
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Onsite free car parking.
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.