Executive Team and Marketing/Communications Assistant
Advertiser: Laconic PR and CommunicationsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $60,000 - $64,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
About the organisation:
The Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA National) seeks to create awareness that national prosperity is dependent on our success in housing our communities and building cities for future generations. It is the peak body representing the property development industry throughout Australia.
Its members cover a wide range of specialist and industry fields, including: Developers, Valuers, Planners, Engineers, Architects, Marketers, Researchers, Project Managers, Surveyors, Landscape Architects, Community Consultants, Environmental Consultants, Lawyers, Sales and Marketing Professionals, Financial Institutions, State and Local Government Authorities, and Product Suppliers.
About the Role:
This role is offered 5 days per week, with a full-time salary up to $65,000 inclusive of superannuation. Workload is approx. 65% Executive Assistant/Admin Assistant and 35% Marketing Assistant.
Responsibilities and activities include:
- General administrative support including the co-ordination and production of correspondence, briefing notes, status updates, budgets, discussion papers.
- Social media, website updates, member alerts, and e-newsletter co-ordination.
- Co-ordinate media monitoring and provide support for media relations, marketing and communications activities.
- Assist with research and analysis to support projects and helping deliver overall project co-ordination including planning, implementation, resource management and reporting.
- Compiling internal and external reports, Power-Point presentations, correspondence, speaking requirements and Board Papers.
- Arranging the administration and co-ordination of Board, Parliamentary and developer industry meetings.
- Providing high quality executive support to the National Executive Director to ensure smooth running of the National Office at all times – including managing email, diary, conference calls and requirements of the National Executive Director.
- Planning and managing business travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Co-ordinating Annual National Awards for Excellence judging program and associated publications in book and web forms.
- Providing support for the organisation of the annual National Congress, with 2020 being in Sydney.
- Complete tasks as directed by the National Executive Director in the required timeframes and budget with exceptional attention to detail.
- Manage confidential and sensitive documentation with appropriate discretion.
- Accurately prepare and format reports and documents for internal and external use, often within short time frames.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for the National Executive Director.
- Managing incoming calls, emails and correspondence, proactively determining significance and managing distribution.
- Support the National Executive Director in the development and maintenance of stakeholder relations by establishing a friendly and professional rapport with stakeholders.
- Ensure the National Executive Director is made of aware of issues relating to stakeholder relations at the earliest opportunity.
- Alert the National Executive Director to matters requiring immediate attention and manage those issues in his/her absence, in conjunction with the National Council Executive.
- Complete social media, website member alerts and e-newsletter updates and distribution within timeframes as directed by the National Executive Director.
- Co-ordinating media monitoring and providing support for media relations, marketing and communications activities within directed timeframes.
- Endeavour to always respond to requests from stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate Annual National Awards for Excellence judging program and publication on time and without errors.
- Ensure the smooth running of the office of the National Executive Director by addressing IT and other issues promptly.
- Excellent time, administration and project management skills.
- The ability to handle pressure and manage several concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Sound communications skills and writing skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior customer service delivery.
- Uphold the values of the business and act with honesty and integrity in all dealings.
If you thrive in a busy and challenging environment and are highly organised, then this role is for you! Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com