Advertiser: Pulvin Composite Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- $70,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Interior Design
This multifaceted organisation is a specialist lighting supplier and project facilitator dealing with Electrical Engineers, Architects, Wholesalers & Electrical contractors with a focus on lighting projects and “total lighting solutions”. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through service and support. Pulvin Lighting is a customer driven sales organisation with key focus on sustainable growth.
As one of the only Specialist Importers, Distributors and Wholesalers of lighting products, we are seeking a Lighting Designer to join the team.
As a Lighting Designer you will provide accurate, competitive and timely project design through customer request and specification. The ideal candidate will be self-driven with a high level of professional customer service, ability to meet deadlines, work effectively in challenging environment and enjoy being part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities (however not limited to):
Effectively review and evaluate lighting specification, architectural and electrical drawings.
- The position adds value (and profit) to the organization through superior design and technical support on major and targeted specification and D&C projects.
- Good understanding of Australian Building Standards, J6 (green Star) and Well Lighting Standards
- Read and review lighting specifications to ensure they are in sync with layout and application on drawings
- Interact with manufacturers/suppliers to produce competitive lighting design
- Interact with client to follow up on lighting designs
- Provide accurate and timely lighting design to client
- Collaborate with Management/Internal Sales staff on all proposals
- Increase overall project performance
- Participation in industry bodies and events
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology and trends in design
- Effectively interacts with the sales team and clients ensuring appropriate level of support improving the company capabilities through design.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- Proficient in AGI32 lighting design software with proven track record in lighting design
- Proficient in Dialux lighting design software would be an advantage
- Experience with reviewing construction plans, specifications, architectural sketches and other related construction documents
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multitask while staying organized
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize your work effectively
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
How to Apply
Click 'Apply Now' and follow prompts to complete the application. Please include a Cover Letter and CV.