Receptionist Position at Veterinary Hospital
Advertiser: Eastside Veterinary Emergency & SpecialistsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $24 - $26 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Receptionists
Are you super organised and able to organise us too? Do you like following procedures? Can you handle multiple phone calls at once? Are you proactive and able to keep things running in your absence?
Do you delight in making clients happy? Can you deal with financial matters professionally and with a smile? And... Do you love dogs and cats? If so, this could be the job for you!
We need a full-time receptionist for our 24-hour specialist and emergency veterinary clinic. A work on a rotating roster that involves day, night, weekend and public holiday shifts (with plenty of time off in between!). During the day, we accept referrals for difficult cases and look after animals that are too ill to be moved back to their regular vets. Overnight, we admit and treat animals that fall sick while their regular vet is closed. We aim to provide the best of care to our patients and exceptional service to our clients.
Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists is a 1000m2 purpose built facility that has state of the art equipment which will allow us to provide the absolute best care to patients in conjunction with our exceptional staff.
1) Greeting clients and admitting patients.
2) Communication with clients and regular vets via phone and email.
3) Management of diary and database: booking appointments, creating client / patient files, attaching lab results to patient files.
4) Taking payments and answering phones.
5) Email monitoring and actioning
6) Filing and scanning of paperwork
7) Liaising with other staff members and assisting in adhoc tasks requested of you
8) Keeping the front of house running smoothly and being the organisational link between the clients and vets/nurses.
It's essential that you are comfortable around dogs and cats, and it's vitally important that you understand our patients are regarded as family members to our clients. You will often need to empathise with highly emotional people, and deal with them in a professional manner.
Previous experience working as medical receptionist or similar is desirable.
For details on how to apply please go to:
Please do NOT apply through the Seek website. Applications via the Seek website will not be replied to.