Advertiser: Pinnacle Safety and TrainingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
About Pinnacle Safety and Training
Pinnacle Safety and Training is a Registered Training Organisation and national leader in the provision of safety and training related services.
Our areas of expertise include heights, confined space, work health and safety, asbestos, EWP and forklift, first aid and training and assessment. In the areas of heights and confined space, we are considered Australia's #1 training provider. We deliver training to 75,000+ students per year both face-to-face in the classroom and online.
We have centres throughout Australia. This role will be based at our Head Office in Murarrie, Brisbane (just south of the Gateway Bridge).
We do not have an IT department. Yes, you read that right. How is this possible with 150+ staff nationwide and a suite of rich and complex cloud-based information systems? Well, we have very strong IT capability in some key senior managers, including our CIO - the only IT focussed role in the organisation to date. Additionally, we have built a culture of IT self-reliance in our staff. You will be joining the team to support the CIO and begin to learn and gradually take ownership of system administration duties, as well as general IT support for staff throughout the company. Your future in the role will see you using your skills to further develop, enhance and automate our systems. We don't sit still, we are always continually improving our systems. Shadowing the CIO, the right candidate will be building both business acumen and technical know-how in a supportive and flexible environment.
- Providing general IT support to 150+ staff nationally (in person, phone, email and by remote access)
- System access control for staff onboarding/offboarding
- Overseeing IT asset management (primarily staff laptops) within the organisation, including planning, acquisition, deployment, management and retirement
- Liaising with IT and telecommunication services vendors to log, manage and solve issues, as well as being an advocate for Pinnacle in incrementally improving service levels and return on investment for services
- System administration including but not limited to: Windows, GSuite, JobReady Plus, Moodle, AroFlo, AWS, the Pinnacle website via our Expression Engine CMS, Zoho Creator, Airtable, Zapier (hint: your resume should highlight your experience in these systems if you have it).
- We have a total of zero physical servers in our company. Your time will be spent with people and systems, not networking and routers.
- Relationship management with internal staff and external vendors
- Continually researching and furthering your own system knowledge over time to offer further value (gains in efficiency, improvements, automation and integration opportunities)
- The development of new systems and processes, consistent with Pinnacle’s strategic priorities.
Skills and experience
- A genuine desire to help others with their technical problems
- You will have a knack (either through exceptional memory or note-taking) for being shown something once, and then never needing a refresher
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills in order to prioritise often competing priorities, while ensuring no items are missed
- An eye for detail - you found the one intentional typo in this job ad
- A desire to control costs on IT to get maximum bang for buck
- Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously as needed, and as part of a large team when required
- Ability to research solutions to technical problems, and confidence to facilitate their implementation
- Prior system administration experience in Moodle will be highly regarded
Working with us at Pinnacle Safety and Training, you will:
- Work for a company who's primary mission is to help keep people safe. Everything we do, we do to help people.
- Be provided plenty of initial and ongoing training and upskilling to learn our systems
- Be an appreciated member of a terrific team that has heaps of fun while working hard
- Achieve a great work / life balance
- Enjoy breakfast provided daily as well as a team BBQ every month
- Receive a laptop and phone or phone allowance as part of your package
- Enjoy free car parking
- Accrue up to five extra days of leave per year, based on your years of continuous service
- Undergo regular salary review and planned increments, based on your performance
If we still have your attention, here's how to apply:
Please submit your application directly through SEEK including a resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for this role. Note: generic applications will not be well-regarded. If you are short-listed, expect your skills to be tested as part of the recruitment process. Please understand that due to the volume of applications, we are not able to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?