- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Emergency Services
Emergency Response Officer
- Not just a job, A career with a global business
- Residential position with an attractive package that includes housing
- 4 days on 4 days off residential roster
- Unique and culturally diverse location - Gove
We are looking for an Emergency Response Officer to form part of the sites centralised Emergency Response Team. The main purpose of this role is to provide emergency services to the Gove Operations and surrounding areas where required.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for a motivated individual who has a strong work ethic and is a capable first responder. Working a 12hr day rotating roster and reporting to the Advisor – Emergency Response, your responsibilities include:
- Providing initial injury management and first aid to employees and contractors
- Responding to emergency incidents across the Gove Operations
- Assist in the implementation of the Site Security Plan
- Training Rio Tinto Gove's Emergency Response Team and employees
- Administering the site alcohol and other drugs sampling program
- Maintain and develop Emergency Response & HSE policies, procedures, standards
- Assist in the maintenance of all emergency response vehicles and facilities
- Provide essential communication service and focal point for enquiries / assistance
- Represent the values of the Human Performance Safety Culture program to drive behavioural change with both Employees and Contractors
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated previous emergency response experience including medical response, firefighting, vertical rescue, road crash rescue and hazardous materials management in a similar Mining environment
- Minimum medical qualification:
- Cert IV Health Care (Ambulance), equivalent or higher
- Work Place Trainer and Assessor (Certificate IV TAE)
- Current motor vehicle driver’s license (Medium Rigid minimum)
- Certificate 2 – Northern Territory Crowd Control & Security.
- Certificate complying with national standards for drug and alcohol testing
- Maritime Security Guard Certificate
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.