Advertiser: Saputo Dairy AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Fitters, Turners & Machinists
About the business
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
About the role
We are seeking a qualified industrial Fitter to join our Maintenance team at our Cobram site on a full-time basis.
The Fitter is responsible for the servicing and repairs to equipment, production services and buildings. The desired applicant should be highly motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn in addition to having the ability to take direction and show initiative.
You will also have an excellent work ethic incorporating safe work practices and a good attitude to the quality of their work and display good communication and computer skills along with a punctual and reliable approach.
- Undertake work in the best sequence to ensure continued operation of plant, either as directed or in consultation with respective supervisors / team leaders
- Ensures plant and equipment servicing, repairs and paperwork are completed according to statutory requirements and according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures no activity is undertaken unless it can be in a safe manner, adhere to Workplace Health and Safety Requirements, site requirements and legislative policies
- Maintains high standards of Housekeeping and Hygiene according to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Contributes effectively and constructively to the maintenance team
- Trade Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 2 years' experience working in a Fitter/Maintenance position, manufacturing desirable.
- Fault finding experience and ability to solve problems and think outside the box to reach a solution.
- Proven track record adhering to Work Place Health & Safety, SOPs, Quality procedures.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Experience with SAP desirable.
- Discount on company branded products
- Above award wages
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Fast paced and dynamic role
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a fitter?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?