- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Analysis & Reporting
As a Business Efficiency Analyst your primary goal is to help the teams within Business & Everyday Banking (BEB) best utilise and understand their data. You will be accountable for the design, build and implementation of operational reporting, analytics and tactical solutions that support operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives for the production teams with Business & Everyday Banking (BEB).
This position exists to support all teams across BEB with the daily operations across multifunctional tasks located onshore and offshore.
What is in it for me?
In a word, lots! You’ll be working for an organisation that supports development, internal career moves and flexible working. This role gives you the chance to figure out the best solution to solve the customer’s problem and the freedom to go and build a solution yourself, it can be very rewarding for a technically capable person who enjoys learning how to do new things.
Along with competitive salary, you’ll be trained so your career can grow as you do, you’ll receive Westpac’s generous benefits and a whole array of customer discounts!
Not to mention the added perk of working for a team that has been around for over 200 years dedicated to helping Australians realise the great Australian dream.
What do I need?
- The ability to obtain, process and provide insights into large datasets
- Data extraction skills in SQL is key, experience with Python and/or SAS is desirable
- Proficiency in Tableau or an equivalent data visualisation tool
- Proven knowledge of Access Databases and VBA is desirable
- Sound knowledge of banking products/finance service industry desirable
- Critical/Analytical thinking
- Well-developed written and verbal communication
- Ability to source and understand Business Requirements directly from Business Stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to meet key performance indicators and to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn multiple banking systems, procedures and operate efficiently across platforms
- Ability to work in a structured environment
- Open to challenges and volunteering to support business activities
What is it like to work there?
You’ll join one big, supportive team to reach our vision to become one of the world’s greatest service companies.
Working with us you'll discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. Think inspiring locations, flexible work spaces and unexpected careers.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate difference and love having a diverse and inclusive workplace