Junior & Club Development Officer
Advertiser: Cycling South AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- $45,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
About the business
Cycling South Australia is the State Sporting Organisation responsible for the promotion, coordination and development of cycling (Road and Track) in South Australia. It is a not-for-profit, incorporated entity operating as a Constituent Body of the Australian Cycling Federation. Cycling South Australia has 16 affiliated Clubs across South Australia, and over 1500 individual members.
The mission of the organisation is to ensure ongoing improvement and increased participation in cycling through collaborative relationships with members and stakeholders based on professionalism and open and honest engagement.
About the role
Overview of the Role
The Cycling South Australia Development Officer will be based at the Adelaide Superdrome, Gepps Cross, South Australia.
The Development Officer position is funded by an Office of Recreation, Sport and Racing grant program. The position will have several objectives tied to the grant including:
- Establish training sessions at venues in metropolitan and regional South Australia;
- Assist Clubs in attaining Star Club Status;
- Working on developing club-based initiatives to drive membership growth and efficiencies and value within the organisation;
- Working with schools to provide further pathway opportunities (both performance and participation) for children.
Benefits and perks
Cycling South Australia is able to offer a flexible work environment, in an exciting and evolving role. The candidate will be able to set their own direction based on their individual strengths and experience.
Skills and experience
Experience and Qualifications Required
· Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in the fields of sport management, or business management would be an advantage
· Highly developed verbal and written communication
· Full Driver's License (including the ability to drive manual vehicles and tow trailers)
Essential Skill Set and Knowledge Required
- Understanding of program planning, delivery and evaluation of development and participation initiatives;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to work autonomously and complete multiple tasks;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite of programs;
- Flexible to work outside of standard business hours and weekends;
- Understanding of how to produce results with limited resources;
- Capacity to create and retain productive relationships with key stakeholders, e.g. Cycling Australia, clubs, coaches, providers, suppliers and contractors.
- Highly developed skills in increasing participation;
- Experience in a development or related role within the sports industry;
- Knowledge of the Cycling South Australia and Cycling Australia cycling rules and technical regulations;
- Knowledge of working for a non-for-profit organisation;
- Previous experience working with Sporting Clubs;
- Hold a current unrestricted driver license and possess a reliable vehicle;
- Experience in managing and applying for Government Funding.
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- What's your highest level of education?