- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
Who is StarRez?
StarRez is the global market leader in residential community management. Our platform empowers thousands of housing professionals – helping them manage the living experiences of over 1.5 million residents within their communities. We deliver a broad and constantly evolving product suite.
- Modern, up-to-date, agile workplace in West Melbourne, close to PT
- Successful, global technology business with offices in UK, US and Australia.
- Opportunity to grow and progress
About the role
We are looking for a passionate software developer to help us improve our customer’s experience with our cloud platform and make the path to migrate off on premises hardware easier. We work with over 700 higher education institutions and accommodation providers from around the world. Half of these are on our cloud platform now; we want to make the experience for them great and make it easy for the rest of our customers to join them. This means building new cloud native services, improving performance in existing products, building new way to integrate with other systems, researching new technologies and rebuilding functionality that impedes our customers daily work. You’ll have extensive input into the technical solutions chosen to solve our customer’s problems, and you’ll personally be making it happen.
On a daily basis
You’ll be improving our single-tenanted cloud products and designing and building new multi-tenant services to replace and improve the platform’s overall functionality.
- Designing and building new multi-tenant cloud native services
- Improve the performance of existing applications
- Building tools to automate the transition into our cloud environment
- Work closely with our product team to understand what problems our customers need solved with our cloud environment
- Provide technical input on how to solve those customer problems
- Identify and implement telemetry to show if we are being effective
We are looking for someone who can help make our products work fantastically in the cloud, and we think that person has the following skills:
- Prior experience in a software development role
- Ability with:
- C#, .NET, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Bonus points if you have experience with Azure beyond just VMs & SQL DB (such as CosmosDB, Functions, Event Grid, etc), or similar experience with other cloud providers
- A can-do attitude is a must – if you think there’s a better way to do things, then we want to hear about it.
- Positive, motivated, with a desire to succeed and grow within the role and with the company
Working at StarRez
StarRez is serious about keeping our team engaged, challenged and rewarded. Here are some of the things we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Stand up desks
- Regular team events
- Complimentary Friday lunches
- Participation in the StarRez Cares program
- Professional development opportunities
If you want to join an innovative company that allows you to share your knowledge and embrace the latest in technology to make a difference, please apply by visiting our careers page:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a .NET developer?