- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- Award Rate + Product Discounts
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Our furniture may be fancy-schmancy, but we are just a team of everyday people. We show up to work every day, relentless in our pursuit to make Amart Furniture Australia’s leading furniture retailer.
Call it Amart DNA. It’s hard to describe, but you know it when you see it.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Operations Supervisor to join our team at our Distribution Centre in Jandakot - Western Australia.
As an Operations Supervisor, you will assist in running the operations of the Distribution Centre focusing on the team and operational efficiencies in conjunction with the Distribution Centre Manager. This role has a strong leadership function ensuring the team are operating to their best efficiency.
To be successful you must:
- Have a strong “Safety First” focus
- Have hands on experience in leading and overseeing a small distribution site, including labour & transport planning, warehousing and distribution, customer service, quality and safety to deliver on operational targets and strategic objectives
- Have a passion for building a culture of excellence through effective leadership and world class productivity
- Have the ability to optimise planning, operations and resources to ensure maximum capability, output and quality products
- Be a dynamic leader with the ability to mentor, think strategically & show initiative
- Be highly motivated and results driven with outstanding customer service
- Supervising the outbound pallets to store deliveries and direct deliveries
- Be highly organised with great time management skills
- Supervising inbound containers and ensure they are put-away
- Supervising the the and pack operation
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Hold a current Forklift & Drivers licence with a hands on attitude
You would also possess the following experience:
- Industry experience as site team leader or supervisor in warehousing
- Experience with leading teams & performance management
- Retail Program knowledge is desirable, but not essential
- Movex WMS knowledge is desirable, but not essential
- High level knowledge and understanding of warehouse management systems
This role would suit an individual who has a high level of integrity, goal orientated and with proven leadership experience. You will require excellent communication skills and an ability to work across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders in a professional and cohesive manner.
We are proud to be Australia’s leading furniture, bedding and outdoor retailer. We are united by a clear vision 'to help transform the homes of everyday Australians everywhere!' With over 60 retail stores across the nation, multiple Distribution Centres, and a Brisbane based Store Support Centre, we are continuing to grow at a rapid pace.
We are passionate about what we do, and believe in the vision, values and future of Amart!
Where could a career with Amart Furniture take you? We invite you to submit your application now and find out.