- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Location: Randwick NSW
Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Award 2010 (Level 5) + full salary packaging options available.
Founded in 1970, the Ted Noffs Foundation is a nationwide organisation which offers young people the support and opportunities to reach their full potential. Noffs holds itself to the highest standards, and only looks to employ people whose passions lie with supporting a population that can be at times complex, challenging, but also resilient and rewarding.
About The Position:
Noffs is looking for a dynamic and compassionate individual to join our Youth Homelessness Service (YHS) team as an Adolescent & Family Counsellor.
YHS provides early intervention and post crisis support to help keep young people housed, and we provide targeted strategies for those young people with complex needs, and those exiting Out of Home Care. The key focus areas of this role include (although not limited to):
- conducting thorough assessments which will allow you to formulate clinical and case work treatment plans
- providing regular individual counselling and brief family interventions if indicated.
- delivering case management services for young people pre and post housing, and outreach tenancy support where required.
- facilitating groups, workshops and presentations for clients and external services/agencies.
- liaising effectively with referrers, service providers, key stakeholders and/or family and carers to ensure the best service for our young people.
- maintaining accurate records, statistics and reports
- Relevant tertiary qualifications e.g. psychology, counselling, social work.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with young people between the ages of 12-25yo.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and as a practitioner with minimal supervision.
- Strong personal and interpersonal boundaries.
- Must hold and maintain a current driver licence (Provisional Driver Licence Minimum) and a cleared Working With Children Check.
- Experience in the drug and alcohol sector and/or homelessness sector.
- Registration or eligible for membership with AHPRA or other professional association.
- Minimum 2 years direct counselling experience.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply:
Submit your application via SEEK (Resume and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria above). Applications must be submitted by 23 February 2020. Previous applicants need not apply.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted. For further information, contact us at email@example.com.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a counsellor?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?