Advertiser: Greyhound Racing NSWMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Animal Lovers who are passionate about working with dogs to join our team at our Wyee facility and gain some experience working with Greyhounds!
- Flexible working hours
- Kick start your career working with animals
- Make a difference in animal welfare!
Greyhound Racing NSW is the body responsible for looking after the integrity and welfare of Greyhounds. Greyhounds as Pets (GAP) is coordinated by GRNSW and they look after the rehoming retired dogs or dogs not suited for racing.
As a Kennel Attendant, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the wellbeing of in-care animals is maintained by high quality care and attention
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and disease control
- Administering medication
- Animal grooming and exercise
- Update and maintain animal observation sheets
- Adhere to all Greyhounds as Pets & GRNSW policy, procedure and protocols
- Work in a team environment alongside other Animal Attendants
- Promote a positive image of Greyhounds As Pets
To be successful in this role, you must possess:
- Certificate II in Animal Handling
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Passionate about dogs!
- A current NSW driver’s licence (P1 or P2 is fine)
- A team player
- Initiative and ability to prioritise
- Be flexible and reliable
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career working with animals. This is a casual position with full time hours.
Join a team of highly knowledgeable professionals who will offer you guidance and support and help us make a difference in the community!
In order to be considered for this position please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.