- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- $60,000 - $64,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Claims
Reporting directly to the Compliance Manager, this is an opportunity for an experienced Claims officer with extensive knowledge of Motor Vehicle Insurance Claims to fulfill a crucial role within the company. You will need to have experience handling a high-volume of claims in an organised, time-efficient and professional manner.
Your role will primarily involve handling all company claims from start to finish, which will include but not be limited to:
- Communicating with company operation department, insurance companies and claimants and processing claims in a cost-effective manner including efficient recovery procedures against third parties
- Initiating, reviewing quotes and assessment reports, authorising repairs
- Organising recovery from Third Parties at fault and/or their insurers
- Managing driver disciplinary notices & maintaining the associated data base
- Relevant ad-hoc tasks as directed by Senior Management
- Legal experience preferred- qualifications a bonus
- Extensive experience managing insurance claims, and more specifically Motor Vehicle Insurance claims.
- Knowledge of general insurance policies and conditions
- Confident in dealing with enquiries and with difficult claimants
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Intermediate level of Microsoft applications (word, excel etc)
- Be comfortable working within a diverse team and helping with work overflow as required
- An opportunity to join a growing organisation and further develop your career
- Proven company history of promoting from within
- Working closely with the company Compliance Manager, as well as the company senior management
- On-going training and support
- Supportive and diverse working environment
Salary to be determined based on qualifications and previous work experience.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of claims management processes?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience lodging & processing insurance claims?