Service Desk Technician | Level 1
Advertiser: The Business DoctorMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- $50,000 - $65,000 | Based on experience
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
The Business Doctor is an Enterprise Managed Service Provider supplying customised Cloud solutions to SME's across Australia.
About the Role:
Due to significant growth, we have an opportunity for an exceptional Service Desk Technician | Level 1 to join our highly driven team.
In this role, you will report day to day to the Service Desk Coordinator and holistically to the Operations Manager. From time to time, you will also be required to perform on-site work within the Canberra area.
The successful applicant will have a willingness to learn, an unwavering ability to have attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand, uphold and execute all business policies and procedures.
- Support clients within all SLA's timings and maintain communication throughout the entire process of incident management.
- Work with third party vendors and software providers to maintain and resolve product issues for our clients’ systems.
- Contribute and maintain a constantly growing knowledge base system for future incident management.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues on a range of systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia & eligibility for Government Security Clearance
- Minimum 1-year experience working in a fast-paced IT environment
- Attention to detail, ability to adapt and a faultless work ethic
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
Any previous experience or exposure to the below, would be advantageous and highly regarded skills:
- VMware virtualisation technologies
- Basic networking systems (TCP, DNS, WAN, VLAN, VPN, basic switching technologies)
- Monitoring/Backup solutions
- SQL systems and web technologies (PHP, ASP, etc.)
- General best practice security principles
- Microsoft Server Experience (2008 R2 – 2016)
- A certificate, diploma, degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- ITIL certification
- Level 1 Microsoft Server Service Management Experience (Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, IIS, etc.)
Why Join Us:
- Career development- Ample opportunities for career progression from this role
- Professional development- Ongoing training will be provided to help you succeed
- Great culture- Enjoy working within a friendly team with regular social events
- Supportive management- No politics and no voice goes unheard in our environment
How to Apply:
If you have what it takes, please apply via SEEK by clicking on the “Apply for this job” button above with your CV and cover letter.
For any further information regarding the role please feel free to contact our Administrative Coordinator, Laura Meade on (02) 6260 1933.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 1 technical support?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Are you available to provide on call support when required?