Assistant Accountant - Accounts Payable
Advertiser: One Stop Warehouse Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Salary + kpi bonus + annual bonus
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Ranked by the Australian Financial Review as the fastest growing company amongst Australia's Top 500 Private Companies in 2019, One Stop Warehouse (OSW) is Australia’s largest wholesale supplier of solar products. Sharing the vision of many Australian’s – to reduce the carbon footprint, drive sustainability and create savings. Our motto is “Be Clean - Be Green”. As one of the fastest growing wholesalers we have made great progress in this dream, receiving multiple awards and commendations.
With Offices based in 5 states throughout Australia – and continuing to grow, we are looking for passionate people who share our vision and can assist us in creating a sustainable environment for all generations to enjoy.
If you wish to be a part of something great!! Then read on….
About the role
The purpose of the Assistant Accountant is to maintain financial, accounting, administrative services for the selected state, meet legislative requirements and support company's operations. Expertise in accounting and customer service skills is essential for success in this role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Make the preparation and payment of AP for entities.
- Post transaction to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions, and research & resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Process daily banking and bank & balance sheet reconciliation
- Calculate foreign exchange gain or loss
- Liaise with suppliers and manage all internal and external queries relating to A/P
- Maintain general ledger and assist with monthly reporting & provide supporting documentation for audits
- Ad hoc duties and/or projects as requested by Finance Manager
Key Skill Knowledge and Attributes
- Proven strong working experience as Accounts Payable
- Previous experience in a full function Assistant Accountant
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and data entry skills
- Oracle (NetSuite) & XERO experience ideal but not essential
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are a must
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Mandarin highly regarded but not essential
Qualifications and Licencing Requirements
- Degree qualification in accounting, finance, or business
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?