ACCOUNTS CLERK - LEGAL (PART TIME)
Advertiser: Forte Family LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Legal, Other
Forte Family Lawyers is a specialist family law firm in the Melbourne CBD, providing services to national and international clients.
We pride ourselves on our friendly, inclusive, collaborative FUN culture and working environment.
We also offer additional paid leave and health and well being initiatives including seminars and a health and fitness allowance for all staff.
We now have a newly created position available for an experienced legal Accounts Clerk to join our team on a part time basis.
Ideally we would like someone to work Monday – Friday either 0.5/0.6 FTE. We will also consider 4 days over longer hours.
Reporting to the Practice Manager and Partners, this role will assist with the day to day financial operations of the firm including:
- Data entry of client and office creditors and anticipated disbursements
- Payment of client and office creditors and anticipated disbursements
- Office and trust account banking, including bank reconciliations
- Processing cheque and EFT requisitions
- Payment of partner salaries and drawings, as directed
- Cash flow reporting
- Monitoring debtors and creditors
- Payment of all taxes, as directed
- Compliance with all professional standards’ trust rules
- Making bookings/payments for lawyers to give and/or attend seminars and conferences, including travel, where required
- Organising expense reimbursements for lawyers where required
- Organising petty cash
- Filing of the firm’s financial records (hard/electronic copy)
- Preparation of reports, as directed
- Preparation of fortnightly payroll and management of employee records including leave provisions
- Other accounts related tasks as and when directed and required
You will have at least 5 years’ experience working in a similar role in a reputable law firm together with strong MS Office and Lexis Nexis Affinity Version 8 (or similar practice management system) experience.
Experience in processing payroll will also be highly regarded.
Forte Family Lawyers encourages and supports continuing legal and professional development and provides structured career progression and learning and development programs for all staff.
For more information about who we are, visit www.fortefamilylawyers.com.au
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Applications from recruitment agencies not briefed for this position will not be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?