Graduate Industrial Lawyer/Industrial relations
Advertiser: FAAAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- 60K plus super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Industrial Relations & Employment Law
Our Organisation: The FAAA (Flight Attendants’ Association of Australia) is a boutique union servicing International cabin crew from all Australian airlines. Our team promotes, protects and defends our members industrially and provides real time support and advice. Our membership is one of the fastest growing of unions in Australia. With growth, we require another high performing graduate industrial lawyer or graduate industrial relations expert to join our small team. We operate as a diverse inclusive organization in our offices close to public transport and Sydney’s domestic airport in Mascot, NSW.
As our Graduate Industrial lawyer/Industrial relations you will:
- Interpret industrial agreements and give advice to FAAA representatives and members where necessary on industrial matters
- Represent individual members in grievances
- Coordinate and attend consultative meetings and other industrial meetings with airline management in conjunction with union delegates
- Prepare communication for members including newsletters, bulletins and magazine articles on relevant industrial issues
The role has potential for future growth for self-starters looking to:
- Develop experience as advocates for the Association in matters before the Fair Work Commission and other tribunals
- Research and advise the organisation about industrial trends and employers' policies and practices
- Research and advise the organisation on government industrial policies and legislation which will affect the FAAA and its membership
- Research and advise about compliance to ROC and FWC governance requirements
- Develop knowledge about delegate networks and campaigns around industrial legal issues
The Position requirements for this role are:
- A strong commitment to union values and trade unions
- Well-developed research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and competence in the application of the federal legislative environment
- Admitted to practice law in Australia
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advocacy skills (desirable)
- Unison membership database or other organisational database (desirable)
- Union growth or campaigns experience (highly desirable)
Please send cover letter and CV with “Graduate Industrial Lawyer/Industrial relations” in the subject line to Bruce Roberts – email@example.com
Applications will be considered upon receipt and closed when the position is filled.
- How many years' experience do you have in industrial relations & employment law?
- How many years' experience do you have in corporate & commercial law?
- Do you have any leave planned in the next 6 months?