Accounts Payable OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
Our aim is to continually strive to supply our customers with the right quality product at the right price and deliver it on time. Our management and staff are totally focused and passionately committed to ensuring that all service standards are kept at the highest level at all times.
We import the most extensive range of food delicacies and specialty products in Australia. We distribute nationally on a daily basis to supermarkets, wholesalers, hotels and resorts, delicatessens, private food outlets, manufacturers, shipping providers, and airline caterers.
Benefits & Culture
- We are a diverse and inclusive workplace that truly values teamwork and diversity
- We are a committed team of professionals that remains driven to take the next step
- Benefit from working in a well-equipped workspace full of friendly hardworking team members
We are excited to welcome a well-rounded Accounts Payable Officer to join our Sydney team. This rare opportunity will see work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve your duties.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively liaise with Suppliers, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Reception, Shipping, the Order Department, and Warehouse teams
- Check and accurately enter local invoices as per process and chart of accounts
- Pay local creditors as per payment schedule
- Assist with Supplier queries
- Effectively manage the AP inbox
- Chase up Proof of Delivery documents in line with freight invoices
- Reconciliation of expense claims
- Reconciliation of accounts as required
- Assist with general clerical duties as required
Skills & Experience
**Please note your application will not be considered if you do not meet the below role requirements**
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in credit control/accounts payable
- Competent with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to manage multiple systems simultaneously
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- A true team player committed to supporting the company
- A qualification in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (i.e. Certificate IV in Accounting, Bookkeeping or a Diploma of Accounting) - advantageous
- Experience with Pronto Software - advantageous
If you are excited by this rare opportunity to join a leading Australian Food and Hospitality distributor, click apply via SEEK and attach your Resume and Covering Letter.
We look forward to meeting you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accounts payable officer?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?