- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
Are you looking for a new challenge that offers you all the career opportunities of a large company with the family feel and team closeness of a small company? With a solid reputation in the building industry and backed by over 30 years of experience, a position at McDonald Jones Homes could be the next big step in your career.
McDonald Jones has set the bar in innovation and quality craftsmanship in new home building in Australia, earning us recognition as the HIA Hunter Region Professional Major Builder of the Year for five years running. We have grown from a vision to a team of more than 750 employees working together to bring to life our architecturally designed homes across the Canberra Region, Metropolitan and Regional NSW, Southeast Queensland and Tasmania. Despite our growth, our ethos has remained the same – we treat each other like family and our customers like guests, dedicating our time, knowledge and skills to ensure that our customers enjoy an unbeatable service, from start to finish.
A vacancy currently for a Draftsperson to join our Drafting Team within our Hunter Operations based in Thornton. This is a great opportunity if you have recently completed a relevant qualification in drafting and are looking to gain further experience and knowledge within an experienced Drafting Team.
Producing sales design concept drawings;
- Preparation of construction level drawings including necessary variations;
- Ensuring conformance with necessary guidelines or NSW Council D.C.P’s;
- Responding to Sustainability requirements of different jurisdiction;
- Liaising with supervisors, suppliers and sub-contractors and;
- Abiding by company processes and systems.
Applicants Key Assets
We are looking for a person who has just completed a relevant qualification in drafting or has 1 to 2 years’ experience working in a similar position working within ArchiCAD or Revit. An ability to work in a team environment and interpret drawings is crucial as is your exceptional eye for detail, excellent customer service and your strong and effective communication skills.
You must be a competent draftsperson who is proficient in ArchiCAD or Revit. Ability to interpret and apply Development Control Plans and the NSW Complying Development Code would be looked upon favourably.
How to apply
If you are a goal oriented, self-motivated professional person who is wanting to develop their skills and experience further within an experienced team, please send your resume and covering letter highlighting your skills and experience to McDonald Jones by pressing the “apply button” below.
To find out more about a career with McDonald Jones Homes visit our careers page at http://mcdonaldjoneshomes.com.au/careers/we-are-family
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?