Advertiser: SA Native Title ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Work Type
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
Finance Officer Fixed Term Contract Full Time – 7 months
Do you have experience providing an excellent, confidential finance officer service?
Do you want to work in a flexible, friendly and rewarding environment?
Are you interested in working in a not for profit with a
South Australian Native Title Services Ltd (SANTS) delivers services to South Australia’s traditional owners that promote and protect their native title rights and interests in land and waters.
We now seek an outstanding Finance Officer within our Business Services Team reporting to our Accountant. A key requirement of this role is to work with internal and external clients in providing Finance Officer duties as part of the SANTS Finance Team.
This is a fixed term (7-month contract) full time role based in the Adelaide CBD.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Studies towards a Certificate in Finance/Accounting or equivalent (preferable) or accounts payable experience of at least 12 months.
- Experience in financial systems (Attache/Reckon/Wiise) or financial databases.
- Understanding of financial guidelines and SANTS Policies and Procedures.
- Proven organisational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to work autonomously, under pressure and within stringent timeframes.
- Demonstrated highly developed communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of people.
- Demonstrated advanced administrative skills
- Competent in the application of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competent in the use of computerised accounting systems.
- Highly developed customer service skills with proven experience in their application to internal and external customers.
- Competent financial management skills.
- Interest in and understanding of Indigenous Australian societies and cultures, and the issues affecting these cultures in Australian society.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Workplace Health and Safety.
SA Native Title Services would like to encourage those identifying as indigenous to apply.
A position description is available on the SANTS website, https://www.nativetitlesa.org/.
If you believe you have the relevant skills, experience and attitude to make a success of this role, please submit your application letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm Sunday, 23rd February 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island communities?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?