Advertiser: Extel TechnologiesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Extel Technologies has been operating in the product development and electronic engineering industry for over 25 years. We are a leading provider of specialist electronic product design, manufacturing and repair services offering an end-to-end solution to our partners. Our product design and development hub supported by our in-house manufacturing facility, is headquartered in Melbourne, with offices in California and Singapore.
Our end-to-end business model has proven to be successful; and subsequently our client portfolio has grown rapidly. As a result, we are going through a strategic growth phase and are expanding our business globally.
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic growing company working with a diverse client base of multinational corporations, then look no further!
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design and development of New Product Introduction (NPI) projects, in addition to supporting existing projects that require incremental design changes and / or modifications. Innovating in the mechanical / industrial design discipline, whilst meeting key metrics such as scheduled timelines, costing, power, risks & issues mitigation and packaging requirements are fundamental objectives in this role.
Key criteria for you to be successful in this role:
- Have a minimum of 5 years industrial experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer, Project Engineer or similar role.
- Have a keen eye for detail and executing tasks in a systematic logical manner.
- Have a recognised Mechanical Engineering degree.
Responsibilities required for this role include:
- Executing Discovery phase and Requirements capture.
- Mechanical Design:
- Design for Manufacture, ease of assembly and economies of scale.
- Create supporting Assembly Work Instructions, Test Procedures and Reports.
- Packaging solutions for complex electronic circuits and hardware.
- Balance: BOM cost, development cost, time-to-market, quality, project risk.
- Produce and maintain high quality product design documentation.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Skills key to this role:
- Practiced knowledge of 2D drawing and 3D modelling:
- Solid modelling.
- 2D detailed drawings.
- Dimensioning, tolerancing and finishes.
- Understanding basic PCB schematics.
- Hands on experience with Solidworks and PDM.
- Materials and processes selection.
Highly regarded Skills
- Interpreting Regulatory Standards, Requirements and Test Procedures.
- Knowledge of machining process of metallic / non-metallic (forgings, castings) and polymer components (injection mouldings, composites).
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Strong Problem-Solving capability and use of recognized methodologies.
- Excellent report writing / presentation skills.
Extel Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to encouraging diversity and social inclusion across all our departments.
If you feel that you are the right candidate for this role, 'Apply Now' with your resume, along with a cover letter (both in PDF format only) outlining how your qualifications and experience align with this opportunity.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Do you have fabrication experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?