Advertiser: JANA Investment Advisers Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Other
About the business
JANA is a leading investment consulting firm with offices in Melbourne & Sydney. The core business provides traditional and implemented consulting, currently advising around 100 institutional clients, including corporate, industry and public sector superannuation funds as well as charities, insurers, foundations and endowment funds.
About the role
Jointly with another JANA staff member, consult to JANA client funds. This involves:
- Preparation of reports (numerical and written)
- Formulation of strategy
- Presentation of reports and recommendations to clients (usually to Trustee Boards and/or Investment Committees)
- Liaising with, and responding to ad hoc requests from clients
- Representation of client funds at the JANA Asset Allocation committees.
- Enter, maintain and analyse investment data in IT and investment risk systems.
- Contribute to investment manager research through extensive manager interviews and data analysis.
- Contribute to investment strategy and asset allocation through direct quantitative and qualitative research, and input to JANA's forums.
- Contribute to JANA's general management (e.g. risk management, marketing, staff development, systems development).
- Monthly and quarterly reporting, and ad hoc reporting as required.
In addition, all staff at JANA contribute to the development of JANA's business. This may involve aspects of JANA's business including risk management, marketing, staff development, systems development and quantitative analysis.
Benefits and perks
- Grow your career with professional development opportunities and exposure to world class investment professionals.
- Working in a collaborative environment with a great team to deliver outstanding investment outcomes to our clients.
- Monthly Reward and Recognition program.
- Employee assistance program offering free and confidential counselling and support for you and your family.
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in commerce, economics, law, marketing or related field.
- May have CFA/SIA/CPA/DFP qualification.
- A strong interest in investments through qualifications, experience and or direct involvement.
- Ability to build strong relationships and effectively manage client expectations.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, high quality output.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to provide guidance, coaching and transfer knowledge to others.
- Demonstrable experience in improving existing processes.
If you have the skills and experience to be considered for this role, please apply via the attached link. Applications for this role will close on 28 February 2020.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?