IT Support Officer
Advertiser: SA HeartMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
SA Heart is one of Australia's largest private cardiology practices providing expert care to all patients. Established for over 35 years, SA Heart is a South Australian owned practice with 27 cardiologists offering a comprehensive range of services. Our mission to provide quality cardiac care underpins everything we do, enabling us to deliver world class care. We provide training and support to provide you with the best opportunity to succeed in your role.
Due to expansion of the business, a full time opportunity has been created for an enthusiastic IT Support Officer. We require someone who is experienced in service delivery and has the ability to work in a small team to provide operational support and deliver efficient solutions. Reporting to the IT Manager, this role is primarily responsible for providing support to users and all IT and communications hardware within all SA Heart locations. It is based at our head office at Ashford and there will be a requirement to travel to other SA Heart sites as required.
This role is the first point of contact for all IT queries and your duties will include the following:
- Provide day to day ad-hoc support and coaching to end users in the working of software, hardware, mobile devices and telephony;
- Manage users in Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Office and Dragon Dictate;
- Provision a range of laptops, desktops, tablets and mobile devices to users as required;
- Hardware repair and/or maintenance on these devices;
- Basic network configuration items;
- Manage changes to building access security system;
- Assist the IT Manager with managing backup processes;
- Assist the IT Manager in development of SOE’s;
- Assist the IT Manager in the continual development of documentation and processes;
- Contributing to IT projects including system and software upgrades, new service deployments and service improvements;
- Installing, configuring, diagnosing and repairing handheld devices, computers and notebooks;
- Ensure system documentation is maintained; and
- Provide supplemental user education and training.
We are looking for an individual who is a ‘hands on’ IT generalist with an understanding of the value IT can add to an organisation. The successful applicant will possess the below skills and experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar IT support role preferable, however recent IT graduate looking to start their career will also be considered;
- Exceptional customer service and communications skills;
- The ability to work autonomously and effectively manage time in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail and the ability to translate user needs into a technical solution;
- High level of motivation and commitment with an eagerness to develop your skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge in hardware connectivity and telecommunications, including remote access technologies (VPN, 3-4G, WAN); and
- Must have current driver’s licence and be willing to undergo a police check.
- Newly created role - make your mark!
- Great internal culture - friendly & collaborative
- Work for a South Australian privately owned and operated business
If you would like to join our dynamic team, please send via Seek your current resume along with a personalised 1-page cover letter addressed to our People & Culture Manager, Liz Main.
Please note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applicants must have appropriate residency or working VISA
Applications close: Friday 28th January 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 1 technical support?
- Have you completed a qualification in ICT?