Community Engagement Coordinator
Advertiser: GLaWACMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Bairnsdale & Gippsland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
About the business and the role
Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation (GLaWAC) represents the Traditional Owners of Gippsland, the Gunaikurnai people. The role of GLaWAC is to lead key initiatives that meet the aspirations of the Whole of Country Plan and to support members through Native Title related matters.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Community Engagement Coordinator is a customer-focused role that supports the Cultural Hub and works collaboratively across teams to achieve the goals of GLaWACs members. As a friendly, team orientated person you will engage in communications with community to support GLaWAC projects including educational programs. You will represent GLaWAC across Aboriginal Networks, encourage the involvement of community and youth, and support the growth of our membership base whilst also supporting the Elders Council.
Skills and experience
We need someone who is:
- Of Gunaikurnai Heritage
- A Confident Communicator
- A Well Respected Gunaikurnai Community Member
- Good at Yarning with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community
- Good at Organising Events
- Able to work across all teams of GLaWAC
- Able to guide Cultural Awareness Across Many Platforms
If you fulfil these requirements and would like to be a part of this unique corporation, please submit resume and a cover letter addressing your abilities in this area to the email address below.
Closing date 8th March 2020
For further information go to our website:
Contact: Mardi Edwards - Phone 0421 818 748
Or email your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job benefits and perks
- Flexible Working hours
- Salary Options
- Location either Kalimna or Traralgon
- Monthly Cultural Activities and Education
- Excellent Personal Development Opportunities
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?