Human Resources Manager
Advertiser: AustworldMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Management - Internal
- Rewarding & Challenging opportunity
- Fast paced environment
- Gold Coast location
Are you an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual looking for a chance to make a difference?
YOUR NEW EMPLOYER:
Established for 30 years, this well respected manufacturer/wholesaler of plumbing products is continuing to expand. With Head Office in Queensland and distribution centres across Australia, this Company continues to be at the forefront of the ever-changing demands of the plumbing sector in providing high quality, efficient and water conscious products.
The Human Resources Manager works across all levels of the organisation, both in Australia and China, providing an informed, professional and efficient service on all aspects of human resources management and strategy, as determined by the CEO. This includes partnering with senior staff to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions in relation to organisational development, culture and change to deliver outcomes and manage issues. In addition, this position will work closely with the CEO in the development of a high-functioning team and environment.
The HR Manager ensures that the delivery of programs and initiatives is closely aligned with the Company’s vision and goals.
- Work closely with and build collaborative networks with senior leadership and all internal clients to ensure the strategic plan is achieved and that relevant people and development plans are aligned to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Develop the necessary tracking and reporting metrics in order to continuously monitor, measure and report on the individual, departmental and company progress in respect of the strategic plan and be able to identify issues and modify plans and strategies as necessary.
- Manage end-to-end workforce planning including forecasting needs, job design and evaluation, recruitment and selection processes, comprehensive on-boarding for new employees and coaching and liaising with line managers.
- Lead, monitor and review the performance management process ensuring that appropriate plans are in place for managing succession, retention, talent and career development.
- Work with each department to ensure that there is appropriate and adequate cross-training to effectively address staff turnover risk.
- Ensure that all training and professional development is linked to organisational goals and coach individuals to improve performance and capability across the Company or achieve career progression.
- Develop, maintain and be a role model for a culture among staff that is open to change and supports continuous quality improvement, collaboration, respect and accountability.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Management Team to identify, develop and implement key organisational culture, engagement and change initiatives and strategies.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and practices that reflect contemporary, evidence-based approaches and meet legislative requirements.
- Manage the remuneration structure and salary reviews, providing recommendations to the Chief Executive.
- Oversee Work Health and Safety matters including any necessary committee and injury management and ensure a safe and supported environment.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO.
- Development or refinement of company policies as appropriate, including travel and entertainment, leave, etc., and systems and processes to properly track and monitor (expense report process, etc.)
- Co-ordination of regular management and board meetings, including tracking and following up on priorities, and taking minutes.
- Development, co-ordination and on-going refinement of a company communications plan, including periodic town-hall meetings to develop and foster the company culture, including co-ordination with China.
- Managing the human element of organisational change initiatives and programs while balancing several layers of change with potentially conflicting views.
- Maintaining awareness of strategic and operational demands and priorities, engaging with staff across all levels of the organisation and providing efficient and effective responses.
- Managing competing priorities, deadlines and inputs from multiple teams and stakeholders to deliver quality human resources guidance with a view to influencing positive outcomes.
- Relevant qualification (or equivalent) and experience in the management of all aspects of human resources and organisational change.
- Proven capacity to operate both strategically and operationally with expertise in strategic development and execution across a range of human resources, organisational and cultural change programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and the construction of a supportive, collaborative work environment with the ability to lead, supervise, coach and develop employees.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in partnership with senior leaders, managers and staff to implement organisational improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyse issues and develop and implement effective strategies and solutions that support the company’s goals and values.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to prepare high quality written reports, policies, action plans correspondence and other documentation as required.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a nationally expanding business that truly value their employees and meet the above-mentioned criteria, then we would love to hear from you!
Please apply via the "APPLY NOW" button below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a human resources manager?
- Have you completed a qualification in human resources (HR)?
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?