Advertiser: New Age CaravansMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
About the business
New Age Caravans has been designing and manufacturing caravans for over 11 years. We currently produce over 2000 recreational vehicles a year that range from luxury caravans to adventure caravans to campers. We have 15 dealerships across Australia and one dealership in New Zealand that help bring the recreational travel lifestyle to wishing to explore our great countries. In mid-2019 New Age Caravans was purchased by Walkinshaw performance, famous for the Walkinshaw racing team and the manufacturing of HSV, Camaro, Silverado & Sports Cat vehicles. With the combined engineering prowess of Walkinshaw performance and the industry experience of New Age Caravans, the future of New Age Caravans will be filled with innovation & excitement.
About the role
- Supporting the senior/managing accountant and wider finance team
- Collaborating with these teams to work on various accounting projects
- Performing reconciliations of accounts
- Processing payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate
- Preparing profit and loss accounts sheets
- Preparing Staturory Return GST/Payroll Tax/FBT
- Assisting with the annual budget/forecast
- Taking minutes in meetings and other administrative duties
Skills and experience
- Accuracy in compiling data, preparing reports, processing accounts payable and receivable, and doing bank reconciliations
- Sound understanding of finance and accounting concepts
- Strong affinity for numbers
- Ability to use accounting software to prepare records
- Attention to detail to prepare documentation for accounts payable/receivable, reconcile invoices and calculate costs
- Methodical, organised, ability to prioritise work and be discreet
- The ability to work to strict time constraints
- Qualification in Accounting
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?