Accountant / Finance ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $75,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
Due to significant growth over the past 12 months, this well-established and iconic Australian brand is looking to upskill its finance department. Working alongside a commercially savvy and strategic CFO you will be responsible for all things finance as you:
- Build budgets
- Produce monthly accounts for the consolidated group and its various entities
- Administer Payroll, Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts with a specific emphasis on the daily reconciliation of bank, financial borrowings, intercompany & FX accounts
- Lodge BAS
The business is standing on the precipice of substantial growth so we are looking for someone to come in and turn the finance systems on their head. The position is currently the only role in the finance team alongside the CFO and will therefore suit an experienced Accountant.
In the near future your role will develop quickly as you oversee other roles being brought in to strengthen the finance team. During this period, we see the role moving from Accountant to Finance Manager as you will be responsible for overseeing a bookkeeper role in our US office as well as an Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable clerk in our Head Office in Brisbane. This truly is a role for an ambitious Accountant looking to become a Finance Manager as quickly as possible.
The business is a dynamic environment and your new role is a key stakeholder in the business' development. You will be at the centre of a fast-paced office and be expected to get involved in everything from the ground up as you build robust finance systems.
The role is available for an immediate start with interviews being conducted as quickly as possible. This is an above-average role for an above-average candidate so make sure to put your best foot forward including a cover letter explaining why you would be the right person for the role.
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?