Principal Contaminated Land Consultant
Advertiser: Alliance GeotechnicalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Environment & Sustainability Consulting
We are an established and highly respected, privately owned, multi-disciplinary consultancy with a proven track record in delivering and exceeding our client’s expectations.
Our professional team of contaminated land experts, geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists and laboratory staff have a wealth of knowledge of ground conditions throughout Sydney and NSW. Our point of difference is that we see the big picture and identify and address potential issues with innovative thinking, best practices, and common-sense solutions.
Accelerated growth in the past 12 months has enabled us to create a new position within our thriving contaminated land business. The successful candidate will share responsibility for the technical leadership and development of an ambitious Contaminated Land Management Team, having formidable plans for accelerated growth across key market sectors including water, transport & civil infrastructure. Working as a key member of the leadership team you will also assist in the expansion of the team across the Sydney region.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Whilst managing a small portfolio of your own projects you will provide junior team member oversight and contributing your knowledge and experience to their development;
- Management of key client relationships to ensure positive outcomes and repeat business opportunities;
- Provide technical direction and high-quality technical reviews of contaminated land assessment and remediation reports;
- Contribute to strategic business development initiatives to achieve growth within the Sydney market; and
- Aid in the development and mentoring of the contaminated land management team, with a focus on petroleum hydrocarbons, asbestos, PFAS and remediation.
If you are a Senior Environmental Consultant and at a point in your career where you are ready to step in to a strategic and technical leadership role with a leading consultancy, this could be the move for you.
To be considered for this role:
- Bachelor's Degree Environmental Science/Engineering (CEnvP-SC is desirable but not essential);
- 10+ years consulting experience in the development and delivery of contaminated land investigations and reports;
- Previous experience of business development and growing a high calibre team of environmental scientists;
- Specialist skills in delivering medium complexity contaminated land projects; and
- You have exceptional communication skills, both spoken (managing multiple stakeholders) and written (complex and detailed report writing).
What you'll get in return:
- A total remuneration package ($$$ including company vehicle + allowances) well above industry norms;
- Flexibility and autonomy in a leadership role;
- Enjoy a high level of job satisfaction working with our motivated and enthusiastic team;
- Opportunity to work on exciting projects throughout NSW; and
- Opportunity to be part of a highly motivated, qualified and friendly team.
What to do next:
Alternatively, you can apply online by following the link.
All communication will be strictly confidential.
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?