Junior Site Engineer
Advertiser: St Bernard ConstructionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
St Bernard Constructions is one of the most recognisable and reliable construction companies on the Northern Beaches and across Sydney with some 30 years experience in the residential construction industry.
With a reputation forged through the delivery of exceptional quality, design, finishes and customer service, our commitment to excellence is second to none.
Due to upcoming projects, with additional ones in the pipe line, we are seeking a capable Site Engineer to join our experienced team.
To be deemed a suitable candidate, you must have prior experience within the industry; and have an eagerness to learn. Working both client side and as the principle contractor, strong communication and the ability to work in a team environment and autonomously is vital.
About the role:
The role is focused on further developing, as well as learning new skills within the construction and development industry. Supported and supervised by senior staff, it is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure through each stage of a projects life cycle including; site possession, design, construction, completion and post occupation.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the following responsibilities include but are not to:
- Understanding and upholding the underlying values and culture of the company.
- Assist and provide commercial feedback during the DA and site possession process
- Manage the attainment of gaining a construction and occupation certificate
- In conjunction with the Project Manager assist with estimating, including drawing take offs, quantify rates and prices against budgets, and prepare mark ups for SOWs.
- Prepare tender documentation for review and letting
- Manage the preparation of SOWs and final subcontractor contracts.
- In conjunction with the site teams, provide site assistance with document control, site supervision, and material and labour procurement.
- Review and manager site safety documentation, SWMS and relevant safety documentation.
- Liaise directly with the consultants, subcontractors and authorities to resolves issues, gain permits or the like.
- Assist with project handovers with purchasers, and prepare O&M manuals.
- Oversee completed projects through their statutory warranty periods.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have the following skills, experience, qualifications and competencies:
- Currently studying or a completed Construction Management, Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Prior experience within the building and construction industry
- Construction Safety Induction (White) card
- Strong written and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, and willingness to take on challenges
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail
- Driver’s license and vehicle
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?