Tutor / Therapy Assistant / Classroom AidePrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
We are looking for a dedicated and patient Tutor / Therapy Assistant / Classroom Aider to work with our 12 year old boy with autism who is doing Distance Education at home. The primary purpose of this role is to assist in his learning and help him develop positive learning behaviours.
This will include various activities:
- Help establish good learning habits
- Help set goals and break down tasks to make each day’s goals achievable
- Create a calm learning environment, and initiate activities to help him stay calm (e.g. walks, obstacle courses, chats, bike rides)
- Foster opportunities for him to engage in social conversation
- Incorporate goals from speech therapist, occupational therapist and psychologist into his daily activities
You are thoughtful, observant, dedicated, and persistent. You like to provide insight into which learning strategies work and which don’t. You get satisfaction from helping to develop goals and strategies, and seeing a young boy grow and thrive.
You’ll need a Working with Children check and an ABN.
Anticipated hours are around 21 hours a week, three days of 6 hours, and two days of 3 hours.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?