- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Local
The Gold Coast is an outstanding global city proudly looking towards its future. We are inspired by lifestyle and driven by opportunity.
Here at City of Gold Coast, our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving the City Vision and our many city priorities.
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
About the Parks & Recreational Services Branch
Located within the Lifestyle & Community Directorate, the Parks & Recreational Services Branch is responsible for planning, constructing, maintaining and conserving the Gold Coast’s parks, open spaces and natural areas to enhance recreational and sporting access, active and healthy lifestyles, appreciation of our natural areas and biodiversity conservation.
Within the Branch the Natural Areas Management Unit (NAMU) is responsible for the day to day management and conservation of a 13,000 hectare estate with significant and diverse biological values. The unit protects and enhances the values of conservation reserves that extend from the McPherson Range to Southern Moreton Bay.
About the Position
The NaturallyGC Support Officer position will be responsible for assisting the Greening Officer with the development and coordination of the City's NaturallyGC and Beaches to Bushland Landcare programs.
Key deliverables of the position:
- Assist Greening Officer with the development and implementation of both the Beaches to Bushland Landcare and NaturallyGC programs including coordination of workshops and tree planting activities, responding to customer enquiries, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and preparation and distribution of community resources.
- Support natural areas restoration staff to deliver high quality outcomes within a dynamic work environment.
- Deliver value-for-money for Council by effectively managing budgets and resources.
- Actively seek opportunities to promote the programs throughout the community.
Requirements for the role;
- Certificate 3 Conservation and Land Management, Environmental Science or relevant experience in coordinating community conservation programs.
- Experience in project or event management
- C Class Drivers Licence
- Ability to work on weekends if required
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to manage a wide range of diverse tasks and establish work priorities
- Strong work ethic
- Be passionate about working with the community and volunteers
What We Offer
Working for the City of Gold Coast is both challenging and rewarding. You will enjoy:
- working within a culture that promotes a healthy work life balance and flexible working arrangements;
- a friendly and supportive team where you will be recognised and rewarded;
- opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression;
- a competitive remuneration plus up to 12% employer superannuation contribution and options to salary sacrifice;
- employee gyms based at the Nerang and Bundall offices;
- active Social Club with weekly raffles and various events throughout the year, for example weekend shopping trips, movie nights and more.
The Selection Process
As part of our selection process, you may be required to undertake a one way video interview via SparkHire, and a face to face interview; you may also be required to undertake psychometric testing, police checks, employment history checks, qualification checks and drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.
How to Apply
Please select “Apply Now” and follow the on-screen prompts to complete and submit your application.
As part of your application, you will be asked to submit a copy of your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter. In your cover letter, please detail how your experience aligns with the key deliverables of the position and briefly explain why you believe you will be the most suitable person for the role.
For more details, please call the Contact Person listed on the advertisement. For queries or issues regarding the eRecruit system, please phone 1300 465 326 during Business Hours.
Please note applications for all vacancies close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.
You can now stay up to date with all of our advertised vacancies by joining our recruitment Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/COGCRecruitment
Enquiries: Saraya Robinson
Applications Close: 28/02/2020