- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Call Centre & Customer Service, Customer Service - Call Centre
There’s never been a better time to be at AGL
It’s an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We’re renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That’s what we call progress. To achieve it, we’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
Customer Solutions are vibrant, goal-orientated energy experts who consistently find innovative ways to connect our customers with AGL's products and services. The Customer Solutions team always keep evolving as we strive to meet and exceed our customers' ever-changing needs and expectations. Working within the Customer Solutions team as a Customer Service professional, you will ensure we deliver an outstanding service to our valued customers and put them at the forefront of everything we do.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing a variety of inbound customer enquiries with a focus on first call resolution and customer satisfaction
- Taking ownership of the customers experience, showing the right level of empathy and understanding of the customers’ needs, ensuring we deliver on our promise
- Negotiating payment arrangements for customers, having an active collection focus on all enquiries
- Proactively promoting the generation of sales through campaign activity, value adding and service
- Managing and maintaining customer accounts with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Continuously meeting and exceeding set KPI targets
You are passionate about delivering new, innovative experiences for our customers while taking ownership on each call. You are a problem solver; who seeks out the best outcome for both the customer and business. You thrive in a structured driven environment to meet expectations.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Impressive listening skills that identify customer needs and provide appropriate solutions to customer enquiries
- Qualities such as empathy, caring and resilience
- A high level of written and verbal communication, with the ability to interpret and relay key points of information accurately with attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, strong negotiation skills and a willingness to learn
- Availability to work on a rotational roster between 7:30am - 7:30pm Monday to Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm on Saturdays
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive annual salary and quarterly incentives
- Amazing central location with state-of-the-art facilities
- Discounts on Medibank Private Health Insurance and Good life Health club’s membership
- Unbeatable Employee discounts on electricity and gas
- Dress Code - Dress for your day
- Established Internal Diversity networks to join such as the Shine Network (LGBTI) and AGL Equality (Women in leadership, Disability, and Indigenous programs)
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we’re continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It’s an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges.
We’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we’ll bring progress to life.
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTI+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.
Click the “Apply” button to submit your application.