Accountant/Finance ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
About the company: -
Australia the Gift is an Australian owned and operated Souvenir Company that has been around for more than 60 years and continues to grow. We operate 21 stores in metropolitan and coastal locations. Our Support Office is located at Kelvin Grove with onsite parking.
Info about the role: -
The Accountant/Finance Manager will report directly to the CEO.
As the Accountant/Finance Manager your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Periodic Management and Corporate financial reporting
- Monthly department overhead reporting
- Maintain and update of business cash flow on a weekly basis
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Ensuring tax compliance and produce returns and declarations e.g. BAS, payroll tax.
- Bank/General ledger reconciliations including intercompany accounts
- Corporate and related entities invoicing/reconciliations
- Systems and process improvements
- Ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis as required
- Weekly payroll tasks and management of HR function.
- Half yearly and year end work papers preparation.
- Monthly financial reporting for the CEO.
- Weekly payroll process and reporting from start to end
- Maintain employee records, timesheets and rosters
- Audit and process/pay superannuation quarterly
- Update superannuation for team members records as required
- Prepare Payroll tax /payments monthly
- Prepare/pay BAS monthly/quarterly
- Prepare/pay PAYG monthly
- Action any needed journals from internal audits
- Prepare monthly and lodge half yearly work papers
- Maintain and update of business cash flow document on a weekly basis
- Monthly department overhead reporting and analysis
- Ensuring the smooth operations of the financial process and accountable for the outcomes from the finance team
- Prepare annual budgets for stores
- Prepare annual cash flow budgets for the company
- Prepare and report budgeting reviews quarterly
The successful candidate: -
Possesses a degree in Accounting and has at least 3 to 4 years post graduate relevant work experience. You will be required to be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and attention to detail. Excellent communication skills are required, and you will need to be a team player. This is a challenging and rewarding role and will see you taking on the varied tasks and financial management responsibilities of the company.
Qualifications & Experience
- CPA or CA qualification preferred; however equivalent relevant experience considered
- Experience managing and leading a small team, preferable
- Experience in a relatable role within a medium sized organization
- Experience with accounting for corporate groups and inter-entity transactions
- Analysis and feasibility of new retail opportunities
- Budgeting, forecasting and management reporting experience, preferable
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Programs
Preferred Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Experience in, and knowledge of, financial management and planning
- Reporting of financial information and monitoring of management accounts
- Ability to accurately prepare budgets, reconciliations and management accounts
- Knowledge of relevant income tax, GST, ATO and payroll tax requirements and regulations
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining financial management systems
- Superior communication skills – both written & verbal
- Excellent time management
- Interest and enthusiasm in the business operated by the group
Please note: -
This is a permanent position and an exciting opportunity to develop and contribute to our business. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and skills of the successful candidate.
Salary on offer is $100,000 plus package.
The core working hours are Monday to Friday 7.30 to 4pm.