Advertiser: Bioscience Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Feb 2020
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
About the business
Bioscience is an ASPAC accredited analytical laboratory, and an AusIndustry registered Research Service Provider. We undertake research throughout the plant industries from arboriculture, the nursery industries, intensive horticulture to pasture and broadacre cropping. Established for 30 years, Bioscience is Western Australia's leader in advanced plant science and in soil microbial ecology. As well as having many clients, each with a unique needs-based research program, we undertake internal R&D focused on enhancing plant productivity by managing soil microbiology
About the role
Significant expansion of work, particularly in the WA wheatbelt means a new position is being created. The key tasks and responsibilities will include extensive travel to sites throughout the wheatbelt, the assessment of trail plots, the collection of soil, leaf tissue and root samples, and analysis of such samples, then the collation and review of data and writing reports. Liaison and effective communication with clients is central to the role.
Benefits and perks
- The job is unique.
- Your will build on your experience,
- You will be introduced you to some of the most innovative industry leaders who are committed to real world R&D.
- You will see the vast extent of the wheatbelt.
- You will work with a small, yet highly skilled, respected and experienced team of professionals.
Skills and experience
You must have a background qualification in plant sciences, whether in soil science, crop nutrition, microbiology, molecular biology or plant pathology.
You must be able to spend time away from home for periods of up to three days.
You must have an A class drivers license.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?