Research Engineer (Signal Processing)
Advertiser: Minelab ElectronicsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Mar 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
What will you be doing?
The successful applicant will design sophisticated signal processing algorithms for Minelab metal detector products. You’ll be working with high-fidelity sensors to detect and classify faint signals in challenging environments. You’ll contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle, bringing new designs from concept to production.
What makes a successful Research Engineer?
- Degree or higher in electronic engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics or similar quantitative discipline
- PhD in relevant field highly desirable
- Proficiency with numerical computing (e.g. Python scientific stack)
- Experience in digital signal processing, sensor fusion, machine learning (TensorFlow/PyTorch/sklearn), or related areas
- Desirable: Experience with C++ on embedded devices
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to take on a wide variety of complex technical challenges
At Minelab Electronics, performance is everything.
Since its origins in 1985, Minelab Electronics, an Australian Company headquartered in Adelaide, is the market leader in the design of metal detecting technologies for consumer (gold and treasure), humanitarian demining and military needs. Through a strong commitment to research and development and innovative design, Minelab is a major manufacturer of hand held metal detector products, exporting to over 150 countries globally
At Minelab, performance means delivering innovative technology and exceptional support to all detectorists the world over.
Part of the Codan group, Minelab has earned a worldwide reputation for innovation, exceptional product design, quality and reliability.
Benefits and Culture
Our culture encompasses high performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other’s company and share ideas. We are looking for someone to join our team who values team work and has a genuine passion and can-do attitude for what they do. Our Head Office is located in the leafy suburbs of Mawson Lakes. We offer many staff benefits from an onsite subsidised café, gym, tennis courts, secure onsite parking and weekly happy hour nights as well as modern offices that showcase our culture and team work.
Interested in a career with us?
Simply click on ‘APPLY” and we’ll be in contact shortly.