Mission Planning Systems Technician
Advertiser: Pacific Aerospace ConsultingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Mar 2020
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
About the business
PAC is a specialised independent services company constituted to provide worldwide support capabilities for our US and international clients. Our core capabilities span across Mission Systems, Tactical Information Exchange, Simulation, Aviation Software Engineering and Certification, Air/Land Integration, Electronic Warfare Systems, and operationally –focused information assurance and accreditation. PAC provides engineering services in support of Military and Commercial Aviation, and Information and Communication Technology. PAC has developed a business structure that uniquely allows for US and Foreign National staff to be located in strategic locations throughout the world. We employ former military and subject matter experts from government and civilian organizations to provide our focused niche expertise. PAC is conversant with US ITAR controls and International Defence Trade Cooperation Treaties necessary to support our US and foreign customers. PAC maintains a strong presence in Australia necessary to support the Australian Defence Force (ADF)'s rapidly developing capability with the necessary indigenous, imported and remote skillsets to ensure success. While our structure has the unique ability to support the ADF from within the USA, our Australian-based staff are an integral part of our ability to deliver for the Commonwealth
About the role
Pacific Aerospace Consulting (PAC) is currently seeking a Mission Planning Systems Technician to join its Australian Division.
The successful candidate will work as part of a small team to provide system administration and technical support of Naval Aviation Mission Planning Systems. They will perform network administration, provide support to the ADF fleet and Command and Control infrastructure, and continue professional development and training to develop a mastery of Mission Planning Systems.
PAC is currently accepting resumes for candidates available to work in Nowra.
A current AGSVA granted security clearance of NV1 is essential prior to commencement.
This position holds the following unique requirements:
- The availability to work shift-work;
- A minimum NV1, with ability to obtain NV2;
- Ability to travel within Australia and Overseas, as required;
- A Current Driver's Licence
Expand your career with an innovative and growing team. Apply now!
Skills and experience
The successful candidate must be:
- Experienced in the management and administration of Windows-based network environments and domain controllers
- Highly competent in one or more of the following technical fields: ICT, Electronics or Avionics
- Experienced in creation and editing of scripts
- Highly motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a small team
- Able to think critically and apply fault finding techniques to resolve technical issues
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in one or more of these areas:
- Joint Mission Planning System/s
- Tactical Datalink
- Security Management
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems administrator?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?