Analyst - ESG and Shareholder Advocacy Specialist
Advertiser: Platypus Asset ManagementMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Mar 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Funds Management
Platypus Asset Management is a boutique Australian equities manager with funds under management of ~$4 billion. Platypus is hiring an Analyst - ESG and Shareholder Advocacy Specialist.
The successful candidate will coordinate the current ESG efforts at Platypus, be responsible for our ESG research and with quantitative team colleagues, manage our ESG data capabilities. The successful candidate will lead all Platypus ESG shareholder advocacy efforts through active engagement with ASX listed companies. Further, this role will enable the successful candidate to have carriage of ESG engagement matters for the Platypus dedicated ESG fund.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to facilitate and improve the Platypus ESG process and efforts.
- Actively provide expert knowledge in the management of the dedicated Platypus ESG fund.
- Assess and measure the ESG approach and practices of existing and prospective investments.
Shareholder Advocacy and Engagement
- Propose, assess and measure the impact of ESG engagement initiatives with portfolio and prospective investments.
- Engage on ESG matters in support of portfolio companies, including best practice ESG behaviour and compliance.
- Manage all ESG reporting.
- Develop and deliver reports on all ESG advocacy and engagement efforts.
- Provide internal and external communications to investors and stakeholders on developments in the Platypus ESG fund, both in terms of credentials and performance.
- Improve current reporting at both the fund and company level.
Preferable Experience Sought
- Prior experience with investments, ESG investment strategies and implementation.
- ESG reporting and development of measurement frameworks.
- ESG experience gained in the ESG consulting area, in a commercial role with ESG responsibilities, or previous financial markets in an ESG position.
- Relevant educational qualifications, including a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Liberal Arts, Science, Finance, Economics, Environmental Management or Sustainability.
- An ability to work in an entrepreneurial boutique environment, with a strong collegiate culture.
- Creative, commercial and pragmatic, bringing a unique approach to ESG.
- The ability to influence and catalyse change in ASX listed companies through the application of exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills, both internally and externally.
Platypus Asset Management team members are proud of our culture that is founded on integrity, respect for all, self-awareness and humility. We are looking for a candidate who will embody and promote these values.
The position offers an attractive remuneration package comprising of competitive base and an opportunity to participate in short and long term incentives.
How to apply
Please send application and current CV to Hugh Donaldson at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 3rd April 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?