Swimming Pathways Coach
Advertiser: Camberwell Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school. We are a 'Learning Community', which encourages staff, students, past students and parents to involve themselves fully in all aspects of school life and to identify themselves with its values. We are proud of the warm spirit that characterises our school family.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Swimming Pathways Coach to join our Aquatics Program. This position is a Full-time, 12 month fixed term contract.
The Swimming Pathways Coach is responsible for delivering high quality coaching within the Camberwell Grammar Aquatics Program, AGSV Program and the Camberwell Grammar PE curriculum. This is a leadership role that will require the coach to work with staff from various departments across each of the listed work areas.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Work as the primary coach for our Advancement and Intermediate Squads
- Further develop the “Junior Squad Programs”
- Work with the Swimming Head Coach and Aquatics Manager to manage the “Junior Squad Programs”
- Work with the Aquatics Manager to deliver high quality programs to the PE Department and Sports programs
- Work with the Swimming Head Coach to deliver high quality programs to the Advancement and Intermediate Squads
- Assist the Swimming Head Coach with Senior and High-Performance Squads
- Guide swimmers and students to participate in aquatic programs that best suit their level of ability and commitment
- Work with the Swimming Head Coach facilitating of the competitions calendar relevant to Junior and Age Group swimming
- Attend selected competitions including Club, Interclub, District and where relevant State National meets.
- Meet the performance measures set by the Aquatic Manager
- Work with the Aquatics Manager to deliver the House swimming carnivals
- Work with the Aquatics Manager in attending relevant Camberwell Grammar Swimming Carnivals (including Junior AGS and AGSV)
- Complete necessary administrative tasks
To be considered for this role, you will need to possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Proven experience with successfully developing and coaching Junior and Age Group swimmers
- Proven ability to produce State Qualifiers and preferably finalist/medal winning results
- Sound understanding of Junior/Age Group sport and the ability to develop the physical and mental traits required for success
- Sound knowledge of the fundamentals required for National level swimming
- Experience coaching Swimmers with a disability and application of a clear training philosophy.
- The ability to include swimmers with special needs into a team environment
- Experience coaching within the school training environment
- Ability implement effective planning with short, medium and long term performance indicators
- Flexibility with working hours
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Australasia Timing and AutoCoach
- Ability to manage multiple work areas simultaneously
- Manage swimmers and families through their swimming pathway
- Friendly, enthusiastic and professional approach
- Development Coach (Bronze Licence) Accreditation
- Austswim or Australian recognised equivalent
- Level 2 First Aid and CPR
- Working With Children Check
- Current ASCTA Member
- Advanced Coach Accreditation (Silver Licence)
- Austswim Assessor
- Tertiary Qualifications in PE, Sports Science, Human Movement or Coaching
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and current resume via the Apply for this Job button - only online applications will be considered.
For further information and to view the position description, please go to our Careers Page at: https://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/contact-1/career-opportunties
Suitable candidates will be interviewed as they apply, so please apply sooner rather than later to ensure you don't miss this great opportunity.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and young people and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Which of the following AUSTSWIM training courses have you completed?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?