General Insurance Broking - Administration Support Officer
Advertiser: Gardian Insurance ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Mar 2020
- Mackay & Coalfields
- $35,000 - $50,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Brokerage
OUR BUSINESS FAMILY
Peter and Denise Phillips (our CEO team) began their business journey in March 2000 with the launch of the Phillips Mortgage Choice franchise. Peter's brother, Ben Phillips, joined them in 2005 and then in 2006, Gardian Insurance Services was born – headed up by
another brother, Luke Phillips. Pretty easy to see why our business has always felt like a family!
In 2008, we expanded further with the opening of Gardian Financial Services (now Mortgage Choice Financial Planning), and the family was added to in 2013 when Ben Kerrisk and Eric Rickman came on board to help kick off Gardian Real Estate. Who knows if that's the end,
or if there's more to come?
AT GARDIAN, WE CARE FOR AND
PROTECT OUR PEOPLE.
TO BECOME THE SMALL GIANT IN OUR MACKAY REGIONAL COMMUNITY, IN OUR RESPECTIVE FIELDS.
FAMILY| BALANCE | ENJOYMENT | RELIABILITY | LEADERSHIP | POTENTIAL
About the Role
• Reception / telephone duties as required
• Monitor receipt of documentation and general mail duties
• Creation and maintenance of client files as directed by Account Executives
• General office administration – filing/ data entry/ typing correspondence/ printing/ binding/ monitoring Company intranet
• Maintenance of and ordering office supplies
• Assisting Account Executives and Managers as and when required for general queries
• Visitor assistance – organise refreshments etc
• Answer incoming calls as required. Handle enquiries to limits of role and/or delegate to the most appropriate staff member.
• Give a friendly, helpful and welcoming impression to Clients and prospective Clients both in person and over the phone.
• Undertake Professional Development activities as outlined in training plan
• Ensure all activities are carried out in compliance with relevant statutory and industry requirements and codes
• Develop an adequate level of technical knowledge and ensure it is maintained or expanded
• Work effectively with team/work group or those outside the formal line of authority (e.g. peers, senior managers) to accomplish organisational goals
• Keep management and others informed appropriately and as required about work status
• Take actions that respect the needs and contributions of others
• Contribute to, accept and assist in the implementation of the consensus
CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE
Mapping your career path with Gardian
When it comes to helping our clients to achieve their life goals, we've got them covered. And because we do have such an expansive business model, we can do that for you too!
Once you are a part of the Gardian Tribe, opportunities to grow will arise – keep your ear to the ground and make sure you speak up if you would like to be involved or considered for further development to either enhance your current role, or to upskill into a new area.
Skills and experience
Tier 1 or 2 in General Insurance Broking is favorable but not required to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- How many years of insurance broking experience do you have?