Lean & Continuous Improvement Consultant
Advertiser: ORBIZ Consulting Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Mar 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
About the role:
We are seeking industry professionals with extensive knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement that has been gained through hands-on experience of working for mature Lean organisations, complimented by a successful period of external consulting in manufacturing or heavy industries to join our team.
Successful candidates will be provided with the following exciting opportunities:
- Join an exceptional team who will impart their knowledge to support your career development
- Engage with industry leading blue chip organisations and support them to solve their biggest problems and deliver their strategic objectives
- Take an influential role in the delivery of the major transport and infrastructure projects that are reshaping our cities and the lives we will live in the future
- Travel throughout Australia and overseas to lead projects developing Lean and Continuous Improvement solutions that will significantly and sustainably improve our clients' performance
- Receive a highly competitive remuneration package
The role is suited to candidates who have extensive experience in manufacturing or heavy industries such as automotive, aerospace, rail, mining, oil and gas, FMCG or electronics.
Candidates from an industrial engineering or maintenance background, or with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) will be strong applicants.
To be successful you have the following experience, skills and personal traits:
- Minimum of 5-years industry experience in a mature Lean organisation where you have developed your knowledge of Lean principles and operating practices
- Minimum of 5-years’ professional experience in a manufacturing or heavy industry environment in an operational leadership or engineering role
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in project, stakeholder and change management methodologies to successfully deliver sustainable improvement outcomes
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience in a consultancy role leading the implementation of Lean and Continuous Improvement principles in large multifaceted corporate or industrial environments
- You will have the capability to lead projects at an operational and executive level in dynamic and often remote or dispersed environment
- You will be experienced in facilitating workshops to engage cross-functional groups to understand complex business problems and agree long term solutions
- You will be experienced in engaging with and coaching key stakeholders up to executive level in the delivery of business improvement projects
- You will be an analytical and pragmatic problem solver experienced in the facilitation and training of root cause analysis problem solving methodologies
- You will have a high attention to detail with a focus on return on investment whilst being able to explain complex technical concepts in simple, easy to understand language
- You will be a natural leader with a high level of initiative, motivation and drive to succeed
- You will have demonstrable experience of operating autonomously and managing personal workload and priorities with minimal support
- Your English language skills will be proficient in reading, writing, speaking and listening
- You will be proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and SharePoint
- You will be willing to travel Australia wide and be away from home during the week, possibly longer periods overseas (if interested)
- You will have full working rights in Australia with no regional restrictions
We are a global consulting firm who facilitate the rapid delivery of significant and sustainable improvements in performance across a diversity of industries. We facilitate turnaround, transformation and strategic improvement programs through the development and implementation of a system and culture of Lean and continuous improvement that enables our clients to increase the effectiveness of their organisations by making them easier to manage, more flexible, more competitive and overall more profitable.
Our team of industry professionals have been selected based on their extensive experience from the highest performing industries and organisations around the world and their passion and enthusiasm for engaging with people to successfully transfer that knowledge and experience.
Operating across a diversity of industries our services range from the optimisation of business development systems to deliver growth, through to operating system improvements that reduce cost through improvements in safety, quality and productivity.
We have a strong reputation for delivering challenging projects and significant results and we enjoy being involved in change as we are passionate about working with people and organisations to help them sustainably improve their performance.
How to apply:
We ask you to apply through SEEK with your resume and cover letter which will include the following information:
- Your current working status and availability
- Your willingness to travel interstate or internationally
- Your flexibility to work shift rotations in remote locations if required
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?