- Job Listing Date
- 9 Mar 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Credit Corp Group is Australia’s leading financial service provider in the credit impaired consumer segment, with debt purchase and lending operations in Australia, New Zealand, Philippines and the USA.
Credit Corp has been listed on the Australian Securities Exchange since 2000 and is part of the S&P ASX 200.
We’re seeking an experienced dispute resolution lawyer to join our Customer Care team in our Sydney location.
What's in it for YOU?
- A competitive salary;
- Work/life balance
- The chance to be part of an exciting period of significant growth and opportunity;
- Work for an employer committed to investment in its people, to support your growth within our business and beyond.
Join our Customer Care team as Legal Counsel within our External Dispute Resolution team.
The successful candidates will be responsible for managing a portfolio of disputes to work towards fair, practical and timely resolution of complaints made either directly to Credit Corp or to external bodies, including the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) and the Office of the Australian Information Commission (OAIC).
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Law degree or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience dealing within dispute resolution;
- Exceptional written communication skills;
- Knowledge of the Debt Collection Guidelines, National Credit Code, responsible lending obligations and the Privacy Act;
- An ability to critically assess each complaint and make recommendations on systems or process improvement to prevent recurrence.
Experience in the Debt Collection or Consumer Law industry will be considered favourably.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role.