Junior Web UX Designer/Developer
Advertiser: New SunriseMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Mar 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Web & Interaction Design
At New Sunrise, we work with independent petrol stations and convenience stores all across Australia. Our goals are to help our members grow, and we support them in a variety of ways. From negotiating with suppliers to sharing our valuable experience and access to resources. And as our members grow, so do we grow.
We are looking to expand and improve what we offer. We want to improve what we do already offer, make it as intuitive and ergonomic as possible. We also want to expand on what we offer, from building new features and tools to providing entire applications. We want to grow, and are looking for someone to grow with us.
As such, we’re looking to hire a Junior Web UX Designer/Developer who is eager to learn and experiment. The ideal candidate would be somebody who is seeking to not only expand their skills, but take ownership and initiative in the development of a project. Somebody who is here to work with us, not for us.
In this role, you will work closely with our full stack developer. Together you will design, develop, and improve everything from features through to applications. It’s not expected that you will know everything, but instead you will supplement each other’s skills and find ways to improve and expand your own.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Able to learn and grow in a flexible environment
- Must be skilled in UX and GUI design principles
- Experience designing or building websites and web applications from the ground up
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Worked with CMS
- Experience taking projects through the development cycle
- Exposed to or worked with SQL
- Familiar with MVC practices
- Looking to learn more and expand into various other areas of development, including mobile app
At New Sunrise, we believe strongly in allowing people to find the best use for their skills and abilities. To this end, we provide a comfortable and flexible working environment, allowing our staff the space to negotiate and set their expectations. We want our staff to be the best they can be, and don’t force them to fit into a restrictive position.
If this sounds like you and you are ready for the next step, please send us your CV.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a user experience (UX) designer?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- What's your expected annual base salary?