Advertiser: Melaleuca Refugee CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Mar 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
About the business
Melaleuca Refugee Centre is a not-for-profit organisation whose sole purpose for existing is to provide dignifying person-centred humanitarian services to individuals and families from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
For over 21 years, their unique approach to settling clients into the NT has cultivated respect and awareness and inspired acts that support cultural diversity.
As one of Australia's five nationally approved Humanitarian Settlement Providers, they are the first point of contact for refugees entering the "Top End" of Australia. A responsibility that they accept with honour knowing that their actions or inactions can create a lasting impact that transcends generations.
They are also one of the eight specialist rehabilitation agencies across Australia that work with survivors of torture and trauma, supporting individuals from refugee backgrounds.
For more information on the organisation, go to www.melaleuca.org.au
About the role
Working collaboratively and collegially as an integral member of the Executive and Leadership teams, the Finance Manager is responsible for all financial matters of the organisation.
At a Strategic level, the position contributes to cross organisational decision based on sound financial knowledge and accounting expertise with a commitment to contractual financial compliance. This includes responsibility for the successful implementation of the organisations Finance Business Plans. As a member of the Executive the position takes shared responsibility across the organisation and demonstrates consistent sound leadership and responsibility that reflects the values of the organisation.
At an operational level, the position manages the day to day finances, book keeping, procurement aspects and accounts of the organisation to ensure financial sustainability.
It ensures appropriate care and governance is in place to meet Melaleuca's objectives, required standards, legislative and compliance obligations, financial /operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
The Finance Manager plays an integral role in supporting the CEO to deliver on the strategic plan, develop productive relationships with senior government representatives, financial institutions, vendors, potential strategic partners, and other key industry stakeholders.
Benefits and perks
Working with Melaleuca Refugee Centre gives you the opportunity to work for an organisation that provides support to those that have been displaced and experienced ongoing trauma. They are a not-for-profit that open their arms to say welcome and support their client's physical, emotional and social needs.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you'll be rewarded with an attractive remuneration base salary (negotiable based on experience and qualifications) PLUS super.
Salary packaging options available up to the value of $15,900.
Melaleuca Refugee Centre are committed to providing professional development and training opportunities for their staff.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to drive positive outcomes with a well respected not-for-profit - Apply Now!
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following essential criteria;
1. Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Accounting; CPA and/or MBA
2. Minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior finance role or equivalent, preferably in a not for profit organisation with a budget of at least $ 3 million
3. Significant experience in or knowledge of not for profit accounting, including compliance and reporting and knowledge of legal and tax issues related to the not for profit industry.
4. Demonstrated interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop effective internal and external relationships at senior level
5. Experience working with finance and accounting software packages
6. Recent experience in Financial Modelling for programs
7. Current National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check Clearance.
8. Australian Citizenship, Residency Status or Visa allowing unrestricted work rights.
1. Demonstrated experience working with and providing services to, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
2. Relevant professional registration
To apply, please address the above criteria in a cover letter and attach your resume for review. Applicants who do not address the criteria above, in a cover letter, will not be considered for the role. Applicants shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Applications close 20th March 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?