- Job Listing Date
- 10 Mar 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
About RSL Queensland
Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives. They have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Underpinning their welfare activities is funding from the RSL Art Union, the largest and most successful prize home lottery in Australia.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organisation and contribute to building a brighter future and enduring legacy for Australia’s veterans.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the scoping, development, support and integration of new and existing enterprise applications in response to the organisation’s identified needs using agile and lean methods.
- Provide estimates and identify risks or issues that can affect the timely delivery of new application capabilities. Participate in planning sessions as required.
- Develop and maintain appropriate automated tests.
- Deploy software applications into the various development and testing environments using agreed continuous integration and continuous delivery processes and practices.
- Application support which includes troubleshooting and issue resolution. Creation of post-incident reviews.
- Be actively involved in applying Agile and Lean thinking into the business and development team.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or a related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in a .NET developer role using .NET 4.7, .NET Core, XML, SOAP, JSON and GIT.
- Strong Database (SQL Server) experience and Entity Framework.
- Exposure to development within the MS Dynamics Business Application and Power Platform.
- Exposure to development within the MS SharePoint platform.
- Exposure to hosting applications within the Azure environment - i.e. Azure integration stack (Azure Service Bus. APIs, Identity etc.)
- ReactJS, Typescript and CSS experience would be looked at favourably.
- Agile/SCRUM development methodology.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a .NET developer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?