OOSH Nominated Supervisor - Sydney Wide
Advertiser: Cubbyhouse child careMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Mar 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
Nominated Supervisor - OSHC
Looking for a job that helps and guides children to be our next future leaders, then this is the job for you.
Cubbyhouse Child Care are looking for a Nominated Supervisor to come and join our Before and After School Care Centres across Sydney. Our Centres are located in Sydney's North West, The Sutherland Shire, The Liverpool Area, North Sydney and the Central Coast.
Whilst working in the service, you will be required to work split shifts between 7am - 9am and 2pm - 6pm.
Knowledge & Skills Required in Role:
- Preferably 2 years' experience working in a Centre based setting
- Experience working with children 6-12 years
- Sound knowledge of My Time My Place and National Quality Standards.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge of collaborative planning and experience working as part of a team
- Experience working closely with families.
- Sound understanding of the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Knowledge of Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children.
- Ability to contribute as a team member to Work Health & Safety issues in the Centre.
- Display an organised and punctual manner in the delivery of all aspects of the role.
- Adequate Computer Skills required
- Develop in consultation with the Children, Educational Leader, Team Members & Families weekly programs appropriate to the individual needs and interests of the children
- Maintain the necessary Administration, Programming, child developmental records of children, and the curriculum, as required by the Department of Education & Community Services.
- Assist in the observation and evaluation of the Children's programs and their individual development.
- Assist with the implementation of daily routines.
- Positively interact with the children, giving each child individual and appropriate attention as required.
- Ensure that children are at all times adequately supervised and Educator ratios are maintained.
- Form comforting and nurturing relationships with the children.
- Assist with providing a safe, healthy and welcoming environment, maintaining at all times an anti-bias, non-judgemental and confidential service to all children.
Essential Requirements of the role:
- Working with Children's Check
- HLTAID004 - First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma
- HLTAID001 - CPR
- CHCPRT001 - Child Protection Certificate
- Child Protection
- Own Transport
- Relevant Children's Services Qualifications (Desired, not essential)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have professional child care experience?
- What's your highest level of education?