Group Operations Manager - Farms NSW and QLDPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
We invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced farm operation experts for one of our organisation’s senior Group Farm Management roles supporting both our internal and external contract farm program. Farm Pride Foods Ltd is a publicly listed company on the Australian Stock Exchange and a market leader in the growing, supply and processing of eggs in Australia. Our company heritage and industry leadership dates back to 1937. We are a major grower and processor of eggs and value-added egg products operating 11 company farms on the east coast and maintaining 4 major grading and processing facilities.
We are looking for an experienced farm manager to join our executive leadership team and help take our farm programs to the next level. Applicants should be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 years in a similar senior farm management leadership role in the egg laying industry preferably, or in a similar agricultural environment with experience or exposure to intensive animal farming practices.
- Experience across multiple independent farming operations would be an advantage
- Experience across the various types of egg farming models including cage, cage free and free range is required
- Experience in rearing and early development
- Experience and successful team leadership
- Leadership in a multi-site and complex supply chain environment will be looked upon favourably.
- Excellent understanding of animal husbandry and bio security requirements
- Experienced practitioner of CIP and PMP principles
- Experience in ESA, HACCP and ideally Coles and Woolworths Vendor Quality programs
- Experience managing in a cross functional environment including manufacturing, logistics, supply chain, finance and sales
- Experience and understanding of the Australian retail supermarket environment and quality and compliance expectations
- Formal qualifications in agricultural science, veterinary science or similar will be highly regarded
- Experience in auditing and certification to ESA and other key food industry compliance standards
- Strong communication and reporting skills including data analysis and translation for performance
This is our most senior farm operations role and we are looking for candidates that can lead from the front and will manage in a collaborative and hands on manner. Team work, determination, integrity, excellence, respect and pride are key hallmarks of our business and are viewed as critical elements to business success and sustainability.
Ideally, the role world be based at our free range and grading operation in western Sydney and regular domestic travel across our farm network on the east coast is expected; although base location can be flexible. The role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer based in Melbourne and works in collaboration with the national farm leadership team. The role has full operational oversight for specific farming activities in NSW and QLD. Additional national functional responsibilities around farm group operation may also be required as part of the role’s remit, depending on the experience of the successful candidate. A competitive remuneration package is on offer including a short-term incentive program for the right candidate.
To apply for the role please email your cover letter and resume by clicking apply.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Only Australian residents should apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations manager?